Declaration of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers:
Our cause is the cause of human justice, human rights, human security. We refuse, and will always refuse, to condone or tolerate dictatorship or oppression of any kind.
We will find and expel from our midst any who might attempt to destroy, by subversion, all that we stand for.
This Brotherhood will continue to oppose communism, Nazism, or any other subversive “ism.” We will support our God, our Nations, our Union.
Objects of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers:
- To organize all workers in the entire electrical industry in the United States and Canada, including all those in public utilities and electrical manufacturing, into local unions,
- To promote reasonable methods of work,
- To cultivate feelings of friendship among those of our industry,
- To settle all disputes between employers and employees by arbitration (if possible),
- To assist each other in sickness or distress,
- To secure employment,
- To reduce the hours of the daily labor,
- To secure adequate pay for our work,
- To seek a higher and higher standard of living,
- To seek security for the individual,
- And by legal and proper means to elevate the moral, intellectual and social conditions of our members, their families and dependents, in the interest of a higher standard of citizenship.