Effective June 1, 2012
HOURS OF REFERRAL SIGN-IN AND DISPATCH
- Original Registration for Employment must be made in person. Registration will be available at the Union Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Union office will be closed on legally celebrated holidays.
- Initial sign-in may require, where applicable, a signed letter of introduction from their home local Business Manager.
- Dispatch will be from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, but will continue until all jobs are filled. This means other times will be used. Applicants will have 45 minutes to respond.
- The Business Manager is responsible to fill calls in a timely manner as needed by employers. This means in an emergency, referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
DISPATCH SYSTEMS – NUMBER OF JOB TURNDOWNS
- Referral agent calls registrants to fill jobs.
- Registrants will be allowed two turndowns without penalty and will be rolled completely off the book for a third turndown. You must re-register in person after being rolled off the list.
- Being unavailable for referral when work would have been offered to the registrant shall be considered a turn down. Rejection of the applicant by an employer is not a turndown.
- Military Duty, with official documentation presented before service, will not result in a turndown.
- Someone on official union business approved by the Executive Board, or the Board of Trustees, will not result in a turndown.
- Re-sign shall be required monthly beginning on the 10th and ending on the 16th of each month.
- All forms of re-sign must be received between the 10th and 16th of each month. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please do not ask for an exception.
- Re-signs may be accomplished by:
- Fax (716-484-9339)
- E-mail to: email@example.com
- By U.S. Mail to:
Local Union 106 I.B.E.W.
322 James Avenue
Jamestown, NY 14701
- In Person
Re-signs shall not be required to be sent from the home Local Union.
- Information to be included on re-sign is (please print):
- Card Number and Local Union Number
- E-mail address (if desired)
- Current Phone Number (include cell phone number if desired)
- Home Address
- Signature and Date
The Appeals Committee maybe contacted in writing at:
LOCAL UNION 106 IBEW
322 JAMES AVE
JAMESTOWN, NY 14701
When two or more people are laid-off on the same day, a drawing will be held at the Union Hall. The drawing will establish the order in which the laid-off people will sign the “Out of Work List”.
An applicant who is hired and who receives, through no fault of his own, work of forty hours or less shall, upon re-registration, be restored to his appropriate place within his Group. Quitting a job or asking for a layoff to avoid the intent of this paragraph will result in having your name removed from the list and you must re-sign.