Public Statement Dated: May 15, 2020
IBEW Local 106 will resume operation beginning May 18, 2020 with adjusted staffing. We will implement the following guidelines as listed:
- Business hours will be Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
- Facemasks will be required upon entry to the lobby.
- IBEW Local 106 will provide all necessary paperwork (resigns, referral signs, payment envelopes, HRA claim forms, etc.) in the lobby for membership use.
- We would request all business that can be transacted through the mail, via electronic means or telephonically continue at this time.
- In person meetings with any staff will be provided upon request with approval by the Business Manager.
- Member access will be limited to the lobby only at this time.
Guardian is offering their Employee Assistance Program free through the end of July. A flyer outlining the services provided has been mailed to all members.
We realize these are trying times, I would like to take a moment to thank the members and their families for their patience and cooperation as we navigate our way through this pandemic. As to date the membership of Local 106 has not had an active case reported and we want to keep it that way. Please continue to cooperate and follow the guidelines listed to ensure the safety of your families, the members and staff of IBEW Local 106 and the community. If you have any questions feel free to direct them to me.
Public Statement Dated: April 7, 2020
As previous posts had suggested, the Union hall was scheduled to resume normal operation as of April 6th. Unfortunately, this will not occur as the pandemic situation is ongoing and has enhanced itself. Therefore, the physical operation of the facility shall remain on a holding pattern until further notice. I understand this to be disturbing but careless behavior will lead to unspeakable issues of which 106 will not perpetrate. Please review the following:
- The Union office will function at a limited capacity, although we will maintain and process claims, payments etc.
- All correspondence or transactions should be mailed or electronically submitted to the appropriate entity (please be advised mail will be picked up and “quarantined” for 3-5 days before being processed.)
- Apprentice classes shall resume on a remote basis. Please be advised all rules shall apply regarding attendance. The JATC will contact all apprentices with the necessary information.
- All functions of Local 106 shall be canceled until further notice. The Executive Board shall take the necessary action required.
If you need further assistance contact as follows:
- David Wilkinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Wilkinson: 716-720-1002
- Benefits: email@example.com
- Apprenticeship: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Union Business: email@example.com
- Referrals: firstname.lastname@example.org
I anticipate issues moving forward and will adjust IBEW Local 106’s response as necessary. I ask you to make good decisions regarding the safety and health of the community